Are you in the market for a new turntable? Look no further than Pro-Ject, a company known for their high-quality components and exceptional sound quality.
With a wide range of models at varying price points, there’s a Pro-Ject turntable for everyone. From the entry-level E1 to the sophisticated Signature 12, Pro-Ject offers belt drive, two-speed, and three-speed options, as well as models with built-in phono preamps and Bluetooth audio transmitters.
And let’s not forget about their eye-catching designs, available in bright colors that are sure to make a statement in any room.
In this article, we’ll evaluate Pro-Ject’s array of turntables and help you choose the best one for your needs and budget.
Which Pro-Ject Turntable To Buy
When it comes to choosing a Pro-Ject turntable, there are a few factors to consider. First and foremost, your budget will play a big role in determining which model is right for you. Pro-Ject offers a wide range of turntables at varying price points, so you’re sure to find one that fits your needs and budget.
If you’re looking for an entry-level turntable, the E1 is a great place to start. Starting at just $349, this model features a true sub-platter design and a solid MDF plinth. It also comes with the Ortofon OM5e cartridge, which is a great value at roughly $70 on its own. The E1 is available in three different configurations, including one with a built-in phono preamp and one with a Bluetooth audio transmitter.
For those willing to spend a bit more, the Pro-Ject Carbon EVO is an excellent choice. This turntable features a carbon fiber tonearm, electronic speed selection, and a pre-mounted Sumiko Rainier phono cartridge. It’s also been redesigned from Pro-Ject’s most popular turntable to improve quality and sound performance. While it’s not the cheapest option on the market, it offers exceptional value for its price point.
If you’re looking for something in between these two options, Pro-Ject offers several mid-range turntables that are worth considering. The Debut Carbon DC is a popular choice, featuring a carbon fiber tonearm and an upgraded motor system for improved speed stability. The X1 is another great option, with a sleek design and high-quality components that deliver exceptional sound quality.
Ultimately, the best Pro-Ject turntable for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Consider your budget, desired features, and aesthetic preferences when making your decision. And remember, regardless of which model you choose, you can be confident that you’re getting a high-quality turntable from one of the most respected brands in the industry.
Introduction To Pro-Ject Turntables
Pro-Ject Audio Systems is a world-renowned analogue audio company that specializes in turntables and stereo hi-fi systems. Founded in 1991, the Austrian company has been able to keep its high-performing turntables relatively affordable by producing almost everything in-house. Pro-Ject offers a wide range of turntables at varying price points, making it easy for anyone to find a model that fits their needs and budget.
One of the unique features of Pro-Ject turntables is the ability to choose which features you need and which ones you don’t. This means that every listener can find a turntable that suits their specific needs and preferences. Pro-Ject offers a large assortment of turntables on their website, sorted by features to make your search easier.
Pro-Ject’s passion for creating astonishing products with impeccable value is reflected in their manufacturing process. They only use the best components for the price and manufacture their handmade goods solely in Europe. With an eye for future trends, Pro-Ject is always trying to fit the needs of the market. They have won multiple awards from renowned HiFi press for their turntables and electronics over the years.
Pro-Ject offers entry-level, mid-range, and high-end turntables, each with its own unique features and benefits. The E1 is a great entry-level option, while the Carbon EVO offers exceptional value for its price point. The Debut Carbon DC and X1 are popular mid-range options that deliver exceptional sound quality.
Ultimately, choosing the best Pro-Ject turntable for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. With Pro-Ject’s commitment to quality and value, you can be confident that whichever model you choose will provide you with a high-quality listening experience.
Pro-Ject Turntable Features And Benefits
Pro-Ject turntables are known for their exceptional sound quality, innovative design, and high-quality components. Here are some of the key features and benefits of Pro-Ject turntables:
1. Tonearm: Pro-Ject turntables feature high-quality tonearms that are designed to deliver exceptional sound quality. Many models feature carbon fiber tonearms, which are known for their rigidity and ability to dampen resonance. This helps to ensure that the signal passes through unencumbered, resulting in clear and accurate sound reproduction.
2. Cartridge: Pro-Ject turntables come with high-quality cartridges pre-installed, which are designed to deliver exceptional sound quality. Many models feature cartridges from renowned brands like Ortofon and Sumiko, which are known for their accuracy and clarity.
3. Speed stability: Pro-Ject turntables feature advanced motor systems that are designed to deliver stable and accurate speed. This is important for ensuring that the record plays at the correct speed, which is crucial for accurate sound reproduction.
4. Phono preamp: Some Pro-Ject turntables come with a built-in phono preamp, which is a convenient feature for those who don’t want to purchase a separate preamp. However, many audiophiles prefer to use an external preamp, as it allows for greater customization and flexibility.
5. Design: Pro-Ject turntables are known for their sleek and innovative designs, which make them a stylish addition to any home audio setup. Many models feature unique design elements like TPE-damping height-adjustable metal feet or one-piece carbon-fiber-wrapped aluminum armtubes.
6. Upgradability: Many Pro-Ject turntables are designed to be upgradable, allowing you to customize and improve your setup over time. This means that you can start with a basic model and upgrade components like the cartridge or tonearm as your budget allows.
Pro-Ject Turntable Models: A Comprehensive Overview
Pro-Ject Audio Systems offers a wide range of turntable models, each with its own unique features and capabilities. Here is a comprehensive overview of some of the most popular Pro-Ject turntable models.
– E1: The Pro-Ject E1 is an entry-level turntable that offers exceptional value for its price point. It features a true sub-platter design and a solid MDF plinth, as well as the Ortofon OM5e cartridge. The E1 is available in three different configurations, including one with a built-in phono preamp and one with a Bluetooth audio transmitter.
– Carbon EVO: The Pro-Ject Carbon EVO is a mid-range turntable that offers exceptional sound quality and performance. It features a carbon fiber tonearm, electronic speed selection, and a pre-mounted Sumiko Rainier phono cartridge. The Carbon EVO has been redesigned from Pro-Ject’s most popular turntable to improve quality and sound performance.
– Debut Carbon DC: The Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC is another mid-range turntable that offers exceptional value for its price point. It features a carbon fiber tonearm and an upgraded motor system for improved speed stability. The Debut Carbon DC is available in several different configurations, including one with a built-in phono preamp.
– X1: The Pro-Ject X1 is a high-end turntable that features a sleek design and high-quality components. It has a one-piece carbon fiber tonearm, electronic speed selection, and a pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Silver phono cartridge. The X1 also has an isolated motor design to minimize vibrations and improve sound quality.
– RPM 9 Carbon: The Pro-Ject RPM 9 Carbon is another high-end turntable that offers exceptional sound quality and performance. It features a carbon fiber tonearm, electronic speed selection, and a pre-mounted Ortofon Quintet Black S MC phono cartridge. The RPM 9 Carbon also has an isolated motor design and adjustable magnetic feet to further minimize vibrations.
No matter which Pro-Ject turntable you choose, you can be confident that you’re getting a high-quality product from one of the most respected brands in the industry. Consider your budget, desired features, and aesthetic preferences when making your decision, and you’re sure to find the perfect Pro-Ject turntable for your needs.
Pro-Ject Turntable Maintenance And Care Tips
Once you’ve chosen your Pro-Ject turntable, it’s important to take proper care of it to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Here are some maintenance and care tips to keep in mind:
1. Replace the belt regularly: We recommend replacing the belt every year or at least every two years, as it can dry out even if you don’t use your turntable frequently. The platter bearing is also important for correct speed and overall lifetime of the turntable.
2. Dust regularly: To prevent dust build-up, dust your record player after each use or at least twice a week. Use a microfiber anti-static dusting cloth to wipe down surfaces and remove any built-up dust and dirt with rubbing alcohol.
3. Clean the stylus: A dirty stylus can affect sound quality and even damage the record. Use a stylus cleaning brush or a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to gently clean the stylus, always brushing back to front. Once clean, place the stylus guard on and spray compressed air to blow away any remaining dust or dirt.
4. Lubricate the motor shaft and spindle: Use 20 weight oil with PTFE (Teflon) to lubricate the motor shaft and spindle, wiping away any excess with a microfiber cloth.
By following these tips, you can keep your Pro-Ject turntable in top condition and ensure that you’re getting the best possible sound quality from your vinyl collection.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pro-Ject Turntables
If you’re considering purchasing a Pro-Ject turntable, you may have some questions about the brand and their products. Here are some frequently asked questions about Pro-Ject turntables:
Q: What makes Pro-Ject turntables different from other brands?
A: Pro-Ject turntables are made by hand, from scratch, and in house. This ensures that every component works as intended and that each unit is subjected to a strict quality control process. Additionally, all Pro-Ject turntables are belt-driven, which minimizes the chance of motor vibrations from disturbing the precise movement of the platter.
Q: Are Pro-Ject turntables suitable for professional DJs?
A: While Pro-Ject turntables are primarily designed for home use, some models can be suitable for professional DJs. Direct-drive turntables, which connect their motors directly to the platter, are the preferred choice for DJs because their response time simplifies beat matching and scratching.
Q: Do I need a phono preamp for my Pro-Ject turntable?
A: It depends on the model you choose. Some Pro-Ject turntables come with a built-in phono preamp, while others require an external one. Be sure to check the specifications of your chosen model before purchasing.
Q: How do I maintain my Pro-Ject turntable?
A: Pro-Ject turntables are factory-equipped with a high-quality film of oil, which ensures years of friction-free function. However, it is recommended to check from time to time if a sufficient protective oil film is present. To ensure adequate lubrication and prevent premature wear of the turntable bearing, it is recommended to use Pro-Ject’s special lubricant ‘Lube it’ or ‘Grease it’, which can be obtained from any authorized dealer.
Q: Can I upgrade the components on my Pro-Ject turntable?
A: Yes, many components on Pro-Ject turntables can be upgraded, such as the cartridge or tonearm. However, it’s important to consult with an authorized dealer or technician before making any upgrades to ensure compatibility and proper installation.
We hope these frequently asked questions have been helpful in your decision-making process. If you have any additional questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Custom Audio and Video Department for expert advice and assistance.